Sarah True, Olympian & IronmanAli On The Run
“One of the hardest conversations I ever had was to admit that I’d been struggling. And I no longer wanted to be alive.”
Sarah True is a certified triathlete and Olympian. On this episode, she truthfully and vulnerably stocks her tale of competing on the 2016 Olympics in Rio, hitting all-time low, and the serious emotional restoration that adopted. She opens up about her historical past with temper problems and melancholy, and talks about how rigidity impacts her frame and her efficiency. She additionally talks concerning the previous two years competing on the Ironman distance, together with an excellent 12 months adopted by means of a difficult one.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali at the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wi-fi headphone staying power package!
What you’ll get in this episode:
- On range, inclusivity, privilege, and bias in game (three:00)
- Sarah displays on her racing 12 months (eight:30)
- Sarah talks about competing on the 2016 Olympics in Rio, and the emotional aftermath that adopted (24:45)
- Sarah talks about managing her melancholy, and what that appears like nowadays (36:00)
- How Sarah met her now-husband, fellow skilled athlete Ben True (46:00)
- What Sarah says are the common struggles in game (51:00)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali at the Run Show! If you’re playing the display, please subscribe and go away a score and overview on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And when you appreciated this episode, proportion it with your mates!