Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben BruceAli On The Run
“He doesn’t do these grand gestures — he just shows up for me every single day.”
Love on the Run Week continues! From the Leers to the Lindens — to the Bruces! Today, skilled marathon runners Steph and Ben Bruce are right here to speak about what makes them Team Bruce. They speak about what it’s like when Ben is pacing Steph on the run, like at the 2019 Chicago Marathon, and open up about the affect having their two sons (Riley and Hudson) has had on their careers and their marriage. Steph and Ben are living in Flagstaff, AZ, the place he’s an assistant trainer and she or he competes for NAZ Elite.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click right here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 p.c off your order, plus loose delivery. (First-time patrons, take a look at the UCAN Run Starter Pack right here, and get 50 p.c off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Steph and Ben met (2:45)
- How Ben proposed to Steph (12:00)
- What makes Steph and Ben an ideal staff (17:15)
- On resentment (25:00)
- Reflecting on operating the 2019 Chicago Marathon, the place Steph ran a 2:27 private perfect time, and Ben used to be on pacing tasks (31:00)
- How marriage has modified since having children (37:00)
- How Steph is feeling only some weeks out from the Olympic Trials (42:35)
What we point out on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re taking part in the display, please subscribe and go away a score and overview on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you happen to preferred this episode, percentage it with your pals!